Sunday 24 November 2013

Sonnets, Sirens 'n' Saps... (Plus a Couple o' "Rejects" & "Experiments With Markers)



Sketchbook Drawing 24th November 2013.

Sometimes, when I'm chiselling away in my Sketchbook, I like to practice lettering (Hey! I like doing it, ok?) and if any "dialogue" doesn't pop into my brain as I'm drawing, I'll occasionally pull a book off my shelf and open at random to copy out a few lines of verse or prose...

Often I get "lucky" and the text seems to fit the image. With this one, I referred to Shakespeare's Sonnets, which are so complex that people can't seem to agree who even wrote them! (I'm guessing Shakespeare - But don't spill da beans just yet. It's only been 500 years...)

Here's also a couple of "rejects" from my recent Sketchbook drawings...











Marker sketch...




Another one... There's a colour version of this, but I removed it because it looks so fuckin' awful.




And...





No comments:

Post a Comment