Monday 1 October 2012

Grayscale Drawings...


Apart from the lack of a more imaginative title for this post, I thought that I'd state the obvious as these drawings/sketches have been posted up here before. So what's the excuse then?

I've noticed that my black & white stuff looks pale and, uh... washy when I post it up. The originals are a "purer" black pen line. Then I got to thinking (cue cartoon light bulb...) maybe it's because I usually scan them in colour, because I thought that this would give them a better/sharper resolution for when posting (And if scanned in black & white, they look all "muddy").

So, I've re-scanned a few in grayscale, to see if they look any better. You may be the judges, but I think that they do...





The old Inkaholic logo...




Mermaid and Distressed Fish...




Rabbit, Discussing The Birds and The Bees...

er... BooBee...





The Lord Having a Word With His Flock...





Crucified Ape - A Romantic Tale...




And... Martian Love Machine


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment