Thursday 13 June 2013

Sketchbook - End May/12 June '13


Here's a few of the less sordid samples from my recent sketchbook. I've been busy with other stuff & starting a Steve Gibson Cartoonist page on Facebook (Hint!!)

Every now and again I try to draw a "Jungle Girl", which I've heard are quite popular in the Comic Books (See Budd Root and Frank Cho's stuff!) Unfortunately whenever I try my hand it turns to farce. I mean, I'm tryin'! I'm tryin'!!





And here's a slightly less lurid scan in greyscale, for the modest viewers out there...




And speaking of "modest", here's an unfinished rendering of a Senior Demon making friends with an offspring of Chthulu...




Hmm...







I was attempting to make a Cartoon character that was based on the look of the alien in, er...Alien. Maybe I should've stuck to comedy Jungle Girls.




Huh? O, the pathos! O, the loneliness!   O, the hungry little guy hiding under the rock!!




And finally a sketch dedicated not just to that most endangered of species, the working man (and women!), but to that most kindly of beasts, the employer/manager who spends most of the day grinding down their worker's worth and self-esteem so that they can pay them shit wages...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment